SERVICES WE CAN PROVIDE NDIS PARTICIPANTS
ITEC Health provides support and empowerment to people living with a disability.
What kind of assistance are you seeking?
Whether the disability is physical, intellectual or mental health related, we provide professional, quality and personalised services to support and assist our participants and their families.
We also provide specialist services working with Indigenous people as well as for people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
• Accommodation and tenancy - support to obtain and maintain private or public housing, either through Supported Independent Living or short term accommodation.
• Assessment - our dedicated staff use Functional Assessment interviewing and Contextual Assessment inventory to develop a Positive Behaviour Support Plan.
• Employment - our person-centred approach helps participants to gain (and maintain) employment.
• Life Stage Transitions - our aim is always to increase the person's ability to self-manage their supports and live as autonomously as possible.
• Activities - our compassionate staff develop and improve participant's daily living skills and increase their independence and quality of life.
• Travel/Transport - support regular access to and from their community for social, health and economic-related activities.
• Behaviour Support - development and implementation of Positive Behaviour Support Plans which aim to reduce the likelihood of concerning behaviours. Staff are provided with ongoing training and professional supervision to ensure currency of contemporary practices.
• Daily Tasks and Shared Living - participants will work on improving their daily life skills in a shared living environment.
• Development - training and developmental activities to increase participants' ability to live as autonomously as possible.
• Household Tasks - personal support to prepare meals and all other aspects of household maintenance, cleaning and garden care.
• Community Participation - promoting participation and social inclusion, eg social clubs, shopping, arts and cultural activities.
• Plan Management - help with your NDIS Bill Payment service. This is a choice you can request which alleviates the headaches of having to pay your invoices.
• Support Coordination - our talented staff help you understand your NDIS plan and will connect you with services and supports that empower participants to achieve their goals.
Our local staff have a wealth of knowledge and many years of experience to assist participants and their families. They are always researching the best and latest NDIS supports to ensure you have life enhancing choices readily available for you.
ITEC Group Australia’s main goal is to support the needs of our NDIS participants and their families, from basic day to day support to full care models. We aim to ensure flexibility in allowing our participants and their families as much or as little involvement as they desire. We do this by being familiar with the local businesses and services available to people with disability and their families as well as local community organisations. From this,we can provide a holistic service linking our clients to all available resources(including free services).
Our caring and understanding staff are highly experienced in working with individuals and families from all walks of life and have qualifications across a broad range of disability service.Our focus is maintaining and increasing the independence and well-being of people with disabilities and their families.
The ITEC Group support and encourage living safely and as independently as possible with choice and personal freedom. We support those that have both high and low care needs and that have the desire to remain in their own homes or their family home.
We offer highly experienced support workers who provide direct care to clients in a rostered setting either in the clients own home or family home.
In a family home setting, we collaborate with you and your family and offer support and resources to maximise your independence. When supporting you out of the family home, we help you to identify the best community living option that maximises your independence and choice.
Our in-home support is tailored to your individual needs and may include:
- Daily assistance with personal activities and household tasks such as cleaning and meal preparation.
- Transport to community activities, medical appointments and other transportation needs.
- Personal care such as personal hygiene, bathing, dressing and grooming, continence support, and other tasks as requested by you
- Social and community assistance such as sourcing and engaging in community and recreational activities.
- Improving health and wellbeing through exercise, physiology and education.
Support workers are flexible and guided by your individual needs. Not only are our services age, gender and culturally appropriate, but they are also respectful, person-centred and with the client’s best interests governing all care decisions.
Sometimes caregivers need a little support as well. The ITEC Group encourages maintaining a healthy life balance for clients, their families and their caregivers. We offer respite services that are as simple as a few hours in a day, to regular planned occurrences and emergency situations.
Our respite support workers can provide:
- In-home care which can be pre-planned and reoccurring or standalone support.
- Emergency care both in home and community based when the unexpected happens.
- Holidays pre-arranged trips and vacations
Our respite services are designed to be flexible and focused on the needs of both the client and the caregiver. Respite has been shown to help sustain family caregiver health and wellbeing, avoid or delay out-of-home placements, and reduce the likelihood of abuse and neglect.
The ITEC Group are committed to working with you, your family and other important people in your life to create a life that is meaningful. We strive to assist you to become valued members of your community and encourage inclusiveness for all people we support.
Participating and being included in social and community activities can greatly improve your wellbeing and feelings of independence.
Community engagement activities may include:
- Recreation including adaptive sports and hobbies.
- Social connection such as meeting new people, joining a club or team, visiting friends or relatives.
- Life skills may include classes, courses or workshops.
- Personal goals that improve independence.
- Health and wellbeing such as exercise, alternative therapies and religious/cultural services and events.
Activities are always age, gender and culturally appropriate and the utmost care is taken regarding health and safety. We encourage our clients to participate in social and community activities that promote self-esteem, confidence and capability. Our goal is to ensure people with disabilities, and their families feel connected and accepted within their communities.
Working around Australia
ITEC Group Australia work with individuals and communities Australia wide. We have offices in a number of locations, view our map to find out more