The ITEC Group offer support and resources for seniors 65 and over across a range of complementary aged care services.
How we help
The ITEC Group support and encourage living safely and as independently as possible with choice and personal freedom. We support those that have both high and low care needs and that have the desire to remain in their own homes.
We understand that living independently is important which is why we offer flexible and tailored services to meet a range of care needs. We maintain the highest level of professionalism to ensure the dignity and discretion of our clients is upheld.
We empower our clients by;
• Building mutual trust and respect
• Ensuring dignity and discretion are upheld
• Adapting to clients changing needs
• Providing highly trained and qualified care staff
• Promoting person centred planning
We also provide specialist services working with Indigenous clients as well as for those persons with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The ITEC Groups main goal is to support the needs of our clients and their families, from basic day to day support to full care models. We aim to ensure flexibility in allowing our clients and their families as much or as little involvement as they desire. We do this by being familiar with the local businesses and services available to people with disability and their families as well as local community organisations. From this,we can provide a holistic service linking our clients to all available resources(including free services).
Our caring and understanding staff are highly experienced in working with individuals and families from all walks of life and have qualifications across a broad range of disability service.Our focus is maintaining and increasing the independence and well-being of people with disabilities and their families.
The ITEC Group support and encourage living safely and as independently as possible with choice and personal freedom. We support those that have both high and low care needs and that have the desire to remain in their own homes or their family home.
We offer highly experienced support workers who provide direct care to clients in a rostered setting either in the clients own home or family home.
In a family home setting, we collaborate with you and your family and offer support and resources to maximise your independence. When supporting you out of the family home, we help you to identify the best community living option that maximises your independence and choice.
Our in-home support is tailored to your individual needs and may include:
- Daily assistance with personal activities and household tasks such as cleaning and meal preparation.
- Transport to community activities, medical appointments and other transportation needs.
- Personal care such as personal hygiene, bathing, dressing and grooming, continence support, and other tasks as requested by you
- Social and community assistance such as sourcing and engaging in community and recreational activities.
- Improving health and wellbeing through exercise, physiology and education.
Support workers are flexible and guided by your individual needs. Not only are our services age, gender and culturally appropriate, but they are also respectful, person-centred and with the client’s best interests governing all care decisions.
Sometimes caregivers need a little support as well. The ITEC Group encourages maintaining a healthy life balance for clients, their families and their caregivers. We offer respite services that are as simple as a few hours in a day, to regular planned occurrences and emergency situations.
Our respite support workers can provide:
- In-home care which can be pre-planned and reoccurring or standalone support.
- Emergency care both in home and community based when the unexpected happens.
- Holidays pre-arranged trips and vacations
Our respite services are designed to be flexible and focused on the needs of both the client and the caregiver. Respite has been shown to help sustain family caregiver health and wellbeing, avoid or delay out-of-home placements, and reduce the likelihood of abuse and neglect.
The ITEC Group are committed to working with you, your family and other important people in your life to create a life that is meaningful. We strive to assist you to become valued members of your community and encourage inclusiveness for all people we support.
Participating and being included in social and community activities can greatly improve your wellbeing and feelings of independence.
Community engagement activities may include:
- Recreation including adaptive sports and hobbies.
- Social connection such as meeting new people, joining a club or team, visiting friends or relatives.
- Life skills may include classes, courses or workshops.
- Personal goals that improve independence.
- Health and wellbeing such as exercise, alternative therapies and religious/cultural services and events.
Activities are always age, gender and culturally appropriate and the utmost care is taken regarding health and safety. We encourage our clients to participate in social and community activities that promote self-esteem, confidence and capability. Our goal is to ensure people with disabilities, and their families feel connected and accepted within their communities.
Working around Australia
The ITEC Group work with individuals and communities across Queensland and the Northern Territory as well as the Torres Strait Islands. We have offices located in Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Mackey, Mt Isa, Thursday Island, Darwin, Alice Springs, Katherine and Tennant Creek.